Best accessory yet!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm telling you, I was soooo sick of holding on to a flashlight while I cleaned my pellet stove. While walking thru Home Depot I found this beauty and it's great. Has a strong magnet (or you can clamp it on) and 6 small LED lights. It can be easily manipulated and runs off of 3 AAA (which were included).
I love it and just had to share.

Same light on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Brinkmann-908...SQ/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1328736021&sr=8-12

Attachments

• stove_light.jpg
    stove_light.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 981
Just stated using head lamp this year. I don't know why I never used one before.

I need one of those!

You are supposed to clean the stove? :long:

wow just checkin.... anything going on really. lighting. what are we supposed to be looking for diamonds.....getting a better light ASAP!!!!!!!!!! JK!?!?!

I have been using a drop light. Damn thing is always in the way and the light is never where you need it. I'll be looking into this or maybe the headlite!

Next time I need to use the drop light I swear I'm gonna chuck it somewhere!

BrotherBart said:
You are supposed to clean the stove? :long:

If we do that then we won't need to sell our stoves on Craig's list. Just think of the negative impact on the economy.

j-takeman said:
I have been using a drop light. Damn thing is always in the way and the light is never where you need it. I'll be looking into this or maybe the headlite!

Next time I need to use the drop light I swear I'm gonna chuck it somewhere!

I just attach the super krooser model leaf blower to the venting and let it empty the stove. No need for any stink'n lights. I just have to remember to empty the hopper first.

I use a head light, but I took the head strap off and now use the plastic portion to "Stick" in between the heat exchange tubes. The back piece that the straps connected to, slides into the gap and stays put.....

So it shines down into the burn pot. Swivels, so you can see the pot, or flip it and see the exchange tubes (light shining from the side).

Fits between the tubes in both the Quad and 50F. Very handy.

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 654
nancyp said:
I'm telling you, I was soooo sick of holding on to a flashlight while I cleaned my pellet stove. While walking thru Home Depot I found this beauty and it's great. Has a strong magnet (or you can clamp it on) and 6 small LED lights. It can be easily manipulated and runs off of 3 AAA (which were included).
I love it and just had to share.

Same light on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Brinkmann-908...SQ/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1328736021&sr=8-12

HEY NANCYP i see u have that ash vac in background how do you like the power, how long have you had it, is it a cleva

petemal said:
HEY NANCYP i see u have that ash vac in background how do you like the power, how long have you had it, is it a cleva

Yes, its a cleva. It is a nice little vac BUT it doesn't have enough suction really to take care of unburnt pellets or clinkers. It's ok for ash. Also, getting other attachments to fit like brushes or extensions is a pain. Next time, I think I'd go for something stronger and has more optional attachments.

Hello

I have a 50 Watt Halogen Light mounted in the basement ceiling for more power!! Switch is on the wall!

See pics

Attachments

• PSCleaningLightSC.jpg
    PSCleaningLightSC.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 601
  • PSLightFromCleaningLightSC.jpg
    PSLightFromCleaningLightSC.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 596
I bought one today and gave it a test run during my weekly cleaning. I'm very happy with it. It's nice to have 2 hands free to do the cleaning.

Nancy, was that light in the tool department?

thanks

Tom C.

I found mine at HD in the grill dept. It's sold as a grill light.

subsailor said:
I found mine at HD in the grill dept. It's sold as a grill light.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.