Best House Heating Insert...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram 1500 with an axe...

Minister of Fire
Mar 26, 2013
New Jersey
I have almost 1000 sq ft on main level with some doors, staircase is 40 ft from insert, 3 individual bedrooms to heat upstairs as well as a bathroom, what do you think is capable of handling this type of job? The heat really needs to travel through the floor of the upstairs. Please help me to have real expectations. I have a space heater with the montpelier in one side of the house. But now I may need a house heater to accomplish the rest...thank you all...

Another good choice that has a 6 inch flue is the Lopi Freedom extended model or the freedom bay model. Both are around 3.0 cu ft and Lopi's are tough stoves.

The bedrooms are going to be tough to get the heat into. If there is a bathroom between a couple of the bedrooms with door access to each bedroom through the bathroom, you may get a loop going on.If the bedroom door are left open, the heat may work it's way into them. They trick is to achieve a convection loop, which may be tough to do unless there is openings through the rooms to the next to allow the air flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.