Best place to buy a combustion motor for p43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shtrdave

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2012
SW PA
Any suggestions on a replacement combustion motor for P43. I replaced my factory one 2 to 3 years ago with one with a Pelletheads tag on in, said USA manufacture. I think it is about done. I cleaned the stove and noticed it had a fair amount of play in it. I noticed the other day it stalls or sounded like it lost power. I am hearing it today and thinking it isn't long until it just stops.

Any ideas? I am in SW PA. I called the local dealer they said they didn't think they had one but are going to call me back.

I’ve had great service with these guys…

Reactions: shtrdave and Mt Bob
I usually tell people to price shop, unless they are desperate to get the part. It is hard to find a local place as cheap as the internet. here are 2 choices from a quick search-
Now those are a factory one,and a aftermarket. I have dealt with these people,good results,fast shipping.
BUT, I do see,on some places, Harman now has an "upgraded" motor, supposed to be stronger and quieter, BUT is almost 200 bucks, on other sites that sell Harman parts.
So you have decisions/choices.

What I put on the last time was the Gleason Avery one in Mt Bob's first link.

The closest dealer to me just called back said they have one for $128 plus tax. I may just drive down and pick it up so I have it in case this one does crap out on me over the weekend.

Most online ones I probably wouldn't get until some time next week. Since the stove is my best source of heat, I have a heat pump with a coil in it not the warmest of feeling heat, I would like to have one here to replace it with.

Thank you both. i have saved the links and may order another for a spare, as the last one only lasted about 2 years.

Reactions: Washed-Up
What I put on the last time was the Gleason Avery one in Mt Bob's first link.

The closest dealer to me just called back said they have one for $128 plus tax. I may just drive down and pick it up so I have it in case this one does crap out on me over the weekend.

Most online ones I probably wouldn't get until some time next week. Since the stove is my best source of heat, I have a heat pump with a coil in it not the warmest of feeling heat, I would like to have one here to replace it with.

Thank you both. i have saved the links and may order another for a spare, as the last one only lasted about 2 years.
$128 and being local is a win in my book, is what I would probably do, if I did not have a spare stove.

Reactions: Ssyko and Washed-Up
I just type the part number into google and see who has the best price. Most of the bigger vendors also have a couple choices between aftermarket, OEM, etc. Pellethead is often high up there on the google list as well as a couple others. Pellethead also sells on Amazon. When I refurbished a P43 I bought this summer, I replaced the combustion blower even though the original still worked fine, but had a bit of play on the shaft since I wanted to start fresh. I kept the original, cleaned, and replaced the bearings so I'll have a good spare just in case for dead of winter. Did the same with the room blower motor.

Also to add to the bearing replacement, I believe these are the ones for the Harman combustion blowers
608ZZC3

Reactions: shtrdave and Mt Bob
Also to add to the bearing replacement, I believe these are the ones for the Harman combustion blowers
608ZZC3
Ya,the older Harman combustion motors were indestructable, as long as you knew how to replace the bearings. Not sure when they went to the cheaper versions.

My stove was put in in 2012. I will look for the bearing and see if they are the same. The motor I bought was the same as the one I replaced. Other than it didn't have PelletHeads on it. It did have Earthsense I think on it. No play in it, going to take the old one a part and see if I can find numbers or get some sizes and try to match up.

Thank you for the numbers, it could be a starting point for me if nothing else.

It was warm here yesterday and today, getting colder and the heat pump won't work as well. Fired up the stove this evening, man is it quiet, compared to the other motor. $136 well spent.

;)