Best way to store a Taylor T750 until install next fall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fourwheelinj1

Jan 5, 2017
NC
Over the weekend I bought an older model taylor T750 pretty cheap. I plan to install it next fall to hopefully use next winter. We obviously had to drain all the water out of it to move it. My question is what is the best way to minimize rust and corrosion for the next 6-8 months until I get ready to install it? I am currently storing it on my farm since the the area at my house is not ready for it yet. I know that normally keeping it full of treated water is the best way to store it while idle in the off season while its in it permanent location. Do I need to do that while its stored offsite? That is doable but is going to be a a lot of work. Also I need to clean out the firebox and the flue pipes since the PO shut the stove down without cleaning it first. I am thinking large propane torch with a scraper and wire brushes. Does that sound about right?