Better advertising

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Is it just me, or did the last forum update result in better than usual advertising?

hearth ad.png

I mean, I like Rockford Chimney and SuperCedars as much as the next guy, but this is far more entertaining.

Google. We block by categories such as drugs, sex, politics, etc....Some get through.

Reactions: Ashful
Or is it a reflection of other browsing done on your machine? Targeted for you?

It is a combination. But majority is your browsing.

Or is it a reflection of other browsing done on your machine? Targeted for you?
Yeah, that's what you would think! But this is appearing on a brand new business machine with no Google or other profile associated with it. On my home machine, I do get targeted ads, but they're all crap for fixing various "old house" problems or tractors. I honestly wish I had time to make that sort of browsing my hobby. ;lol

Reactions: Highbeam
I largely get ads for Bra's... I have targeted ads turned off so it has nothing to do with search history.

"Ad personalization is off. Google showed this ad based on general factors like:
  • The time of day
  • The website you're on
  • Your general location (like your country or city)"

Bras are more fun to look at than auto parts, anyway.

v--- staring at an Advance Auto Parts ad, right now.

Reactions: Shank
Bras are more fun to look at than auto parts, anyway.

v--- staring at an Advance Auto Parts ad, right now.
It's tough to determine which one leads to more headache, fixing the car or....

• Haha