Beyond Repair?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Four Paws

Oct 24, 2006
Inkom, Idaho
I recently bought a house that had a Blaze King stove installed. The house is almost 20 years old, and the stove shows use, however it is still a nice (cosmetically) stove. It is a King model, with a catalytic combustor, and dual fans. I recently did a thorough cleaning on it and discovered damage to the 'roof' of the firebox (pictures attached below). Apparently it has been burned too hot more than a few times. Anyhow, I plan on replacing the stove, however I would like to keep the stove for use in my shop. I would of course attempt to repair the damage to the firebox by welding in new 1/4" steel plate. I am a newbie to wood heat. I don't want to do anything that is unsafe, however I don't want to take a perfectly repairable stove to the scrap yard. Please give me your honest opinion of the condition of this stove and whether or not it can be repaired.

Second, any help you can offer me in selecting a new stove would be much appreciated. I have a 2500 sq. ft. open floor plan house, 1 level, and have forced air electric heat/heat pump. The wood stove is for auxiliary heat, and I plan on using it rather frequently. So far, I am impressed by the Jotul wood stoves...comments or suggestions PLEASE! Thanks for helping a new guy! Josh

attachment.php

:broken record: Take a look at the Morso if there is a dealer in your area :broken record:

There was a thread about the Blaze King 1107 "King" model here just last week. That thing is a heating beast. I can't tell exactly where in the stove that crack is located (looks like the back) but that looks like a cast iron part. Since the King is a steel stove that has to be a bolt in part and I would talk to a dealer about a replacement part.

I agree with Craig, your stove has seen better days. This appears not to be a bolt in part. It would have to be cut out replaced and re welded
back in. Unless you have the tools/shop and expertise then it would cost too much than it is worth repairing. Most replacable parts are bolt on type.
that part maybe considered as the whole body and not sold separate

Status
Not open for further replies.