Bi Metal Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wood Heat Stoves said:
john_alaska said:
I am still having a hard time giving up my 30 year old Earth Stove with a "bi metal thermostat" for a newer EPA unit. The thermostat is a great feature to have on a wood stove.. The only new EPA units I see around that have a thermostat are the Blaze Kings. Are there any other units out there with a thermostat??

I am surprised thermostats are not on more stoves that are meant for full time operation.

lennox stopped supporting these old smoke dragons. they are horribly inefficient!!

might be a good time to upgrade, unless chopping wood is keeping you healthy.....

Replacing the Earth Stove is my mission. If I can find a stove that is as easy to use and as reliable as the 30 year old Earth Stove, I’ll buy it…

I am down to the Lennox Canyon, or the Energy Pacific Summit. What do you think?? Any better Ideas?? I am just not sold on a CAT unit….

john_alaska said:
Wood Heat Stoves said:
john_alaska said:
I am still having a hard time giving up my 30 year old Earth Stove with a "bi metal thermostat" for a newer EPA unit. The thermostat is a great feature to have on a wood stove.. The only new EPA units I see around that have a thermostat are the Blaze Kings. Are there any other units out there with a thermostat??

I am surprised thermostats are not on more stoves that are meant for full time operation.

lennox stopped supporting these old smoke dragons. they are horribly inefficient!!

might be a good time to upgrade, unless chopping wood is keeping you healthy.....

Replacing the Earth Stove is my mission. If I can find a stove that is as easy to use and as reliable as the 30 year old Earth Stove, I’ll buy it…

I am down to the Lennox Canyon, or the Energy Pacific Summit. What do you think?? Any better Ideas?? I am just not sold on a CAT unit….

Woodstock, or Blaze King, or other cat stoves, if you want a long, fiddle free, efficient burn. Search the old threads, and see if you sell yourself. Owners love them, and the BKs even have thermostats.

I have moved from the old earth stove to an older model Blaze King with cat, and liked the thermostat. The Blaze King thermostat works so much better than my Earth stove did in keeping an even temp in the room it is in. I have had no problem adjusting to using the cat either.

I can't say that I have mastered this stove yet, but I like it so far, as the room it sets in will be within a couple of degrees of when I left it for almost all of the burn. The tail end of the burn has coals that take more air to completely burn, but may be the wood itself (ash). I haven't burned much oak in it yet, but what I have will keep the temp up further to the end of the burn, plus it has been colder and needs more air.

Just get a BK and be done with it.

john_alaska said:

Blaze Kings aren't the only EPA stoves with a Bi-metallic thermostat.
Here's a NON-CAT EPA stove with Bi-metallic thermostat.
http://www.newmacfurnaces.com/showroom/EPA-STATUS.html

Status
Not open for further replies.