Big buck stove pipe adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ruSSrt

Nov 21, 2023
Upstate South Carolina
Good day everyone!

I have big buck 28000 slammed in a fireplace. The chimney is terracotta brick lined and was in great shape before firing it.
When I posted here for the first time people said I need to line my chimney check bunch of other things. I had a second opinion and was told in clear to burn just need to burn it hotter.
I'm cooling my stove down for maintenance because my blower slowly quitting.
So I started to research about lining my chimney.
I came across buck stove adapter, but as you can see on the picture it starts that it is not for slammer version of the stove. Why?
I'm assuming that stove is designed to be slammer or freestanding.
Free standing gets the adapter and slammer doesn't?
Any advice for me?

1000004936.png

It's not for a slammer, that would mean no flue connection., The caveat might be because it's not stainless.

No. Stainless is pretty stable that way.

Good day everyone!

I have big buck 28000 slammed in a fireplace. The chimney is terracotta brick lined and was in great shape before firing it.
When I posted here for the first time people said I need to line my chimney check bunch of other things. I had a second opinion and was told in clear to burn just need to burn it hotter.
I'm cooling my stove down for maintenance because my blower slowly quitting.
So I started to research about lining my chimney.
I came across buck stove adapter, but as you can see on the picture it starts that it is not for slammer version of the stove. Why?
I'm assuming that stove is designed to be slammer or freestanding.
Free standing gets the adapter and slammer doesn't?
Any advice for me?

View attachment 321722
Buck stoves are a pain to hook up properly because of the shape of their outlet. Their adapter typically won't fit in a fireplace. If it does great. But it will most likely need a custom fabricated boot

Buck stoves are a pain to hook up properly because of the shape of their outlet. Their adapter typically won't fit in a fireplace. If it does great. But it will most likely need a custom fabricated boot
Do you know if I could buy something custom like that online or should I start looking at my local stove and HVAC places?