Big E getting hungry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No cheating now Mr. Spock.

I saw mention of surface scrubbing which a lot of folks forget in that information but I didn't see the vacuum effect on chimneys and in attics due to gable end venting.

Nor is any mention made of back pressure effects on heat exchangers in various heating devices that get vented into things they should avoid.

All in all that is a fairly nice depiction of things, where it gets complicated is when actual building construction is a bit (shall we say) lacking in care.

Nothing like a good thermal imaging system to find those gremlins.

:: laugh :: I am a software engineer so my brain is already full of 1's and 0's. I have to cheat. I would place a few wireless thermometers at key points, a small weather station for outdoor conditions, and a computer to automaticaly collect the data. Correlate with pellet usage and snow on roof. My idea of fun. Wouldn't mind that thermal imaging system one bit either.

I'll bet I have lost more 1's and 0's than you have left. That is what happens when you are an old bit pusher.

Member Don2222 has a nice chart he uses to determine his stove's firing setting depending on outside temperature and wind speed.

Member garygary who has this website http://www.builditsolar.com/ does a bit of testing of various systems.

I'll bet I have lost more 1's and 0's than you have left.
You got me there, I don't bet.
Member Don2222 has a nice chart he uses to determine his stove's firing setting depending on outside temperature and wind speed.

Member garygary who has this website http://www.builditsolar.com/ does a bit of testing of various systems.
Thanks. I will need to thank garygary personally. His web site helped me learn a lot about solar systems before I took the plunge.

Status
Not open for further replies.