Biomass tax credit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lpgaines

Jan 8, 2022
Baltimore, md
I'm a newbie. I have a (broken) prefab fireplace that I would like to fix. Prefer wood burning. Looks like zc high efficiency is the option for the space.

Are there any fireplaces that meet the biomass tax credit requirements? Is the industry moving in developing something that could meet it? Seems that some are close ... Not sure if I'm missing something.

Picture posted of the space.
20220108_123227.jpg

Only the Montecito Estate meets it, and its very expensive, large fireplace. Wont work or fit in my house. I dont need that much heat anyways. I am committed to ZC fireplace, just something that fits my corner install. I could do a stove since its a corner install, but I don't like the look, neither does the SO. Maybe in another year when I start this project some other manufacturers will meet, but most are catalytic pellet ot wood stove. The Osborn Hearthstone and Valcourt I have targeted are all 66% - 72%. Beats the hell out of my current Heatilator, and I'll be happy with that. All that current woodwork usually. has to be remediated, read the installation manuals, No combustibles allowed on front facade usuallly.

Only the Montecito Estate meets it, and its very expensive, large fireplace. Wont work or fit in my house. I dont need that much heat anyways. I am committed to ZC fireplace, just something that fits my corner install. I could do a stove since its a corner install, but I don't like the look, neither does the SO. Maybe in another year when I start this project some other manufacturers will meet, but most are catalytic pellet ot wood stove. The Osborn Hearthstone and Valcourt I have targeted are all 66% - 72%. Beats the hell out of my current Heatilator, and I'll be happy with that. All that current woodwork usually. has to be remediated, read the installation manuals, No combustibles allowed on front facade usuallly.
Hm, looks like that one is beautiful and huge but says 70% efficiency. I think it needs to be 75%.

Thanks for your comment! So much information to absorb.