BIS blower problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral

Nov 27, 2013
New Hampshire
The fan blower on my Bis Tradition just hums when the heat activates it. I have turned it off with the rotary control. I opened the front of it and ensured the blades weren't bound up and sprayed WD 40 on the shaft ends. Still no luck. Just wondering if anybody have any ideas on what the fix might be.

the fan motor should be able to be spun by hand and keep spinning with little resistance.If it does try by passing the speed control to insure you dont have a issue there first before you condem the motor

the fan motor should be able to be spun by hand and keep spinning with little resistance.If it does try by passing the speed control to insure you dont have a issue there first before you condem the motor

I can spin it by hand but it doesn't keep spinning after I take my hand away. It doesn't spin easily even when I use my hand. I plan to take it out this weekend and give it a more thorough look. Fire is going now so its inaccessible.

Remove and clean the blower and vacuum out the blower plenum. If the blower still has problems it could be a failed motor control.

Status
Not open for further replies.