Bit o trouble with Austroflamm.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toasty in NH

Oct 22, 2012
Good morning. Our Austroflamm Integra F S is not feeding pellets after its start up sequence.We emptied and cleaned out hopper and auger,and once it is turned up ,it will not feed anymore.Any ideas what could be wrong ? The red light blinks,but,no pellets come down. Appreciate all advice from the experts on this forum.Thanks !

When you cleaned the auger were you able to turn it by hand?? If not possible pellet jam or perhaps auger motor is shot

If the auger feeds pellets in the beginning after turning the stove on, but then stops feeding, sounds like dirty stove/plugged vacuum hose to vacuum switch.

Last time the stove was completely opened, taken apart, and cleaned??

Hi.We took the stove apart today and cleaned it all out and vacuumed inside.It is working ,but when u turn it up high,it will just about go out.We were able to get it fired up and are running it on a low setting for the night.Thank for the input,wonder what's wrong now,lol..

Please describe what you consider as cleaning the stove? It is likely not what a lot of us consider as cleaning the stove. These stoves have an exhaust path that starts above the burn pot and snakes all over the place before it even gets to the combustion blower and from there to the end of the vent outside. Ash gets left all through that path and it needs to be removed.

Hi Smokey. We took apart the auger plate,vacuumed ,removed lower cast wall,scraped and vacuumed heat exchange tubes,removed right side wall and vacuumedd out inside of motors.Stuck a long brush up where the pellets come down,removed ash pan, emptied burn pot and cleaned glass.​

Sounds like a bad high limit switch....thinks the stove is overheating so its shutting itself down.

When did you last clean the venting (how many bags of pellets ago) and did you clean the termination cap?

I'll see if I have a manual for that stove.

Well,we took it apart again,and cleaned more.Firedt up and the same thing happened .No pellets after startup.We have a scrappy,incomplete owners manual and we read some troubleshooting advice.After it was shutting down for the second time,hubby checked wiring.It seems there was a loose wiret hhe auger motor.Made adjustment,and pellets are coming down without incident for 3 hours now

If the combustion blower continues running after the stove lights but the pellets don't resume dropping the low temperature is still open.

This blower should run for 10 minutes. The low temperature test is done starting a 12 to 16 minutes from the time the start button is pushed, depending upon the Eprom version that is in the stove.

The high temperature limit also prevents the auger from turning.

I'd suspect the low temperature snap disc to be the one if the timing matches and the high temperature one if the shut off occurs after 18 minutes from the start button being pressed. Your convection blower should be operating between 16 and 18 minutes from starting the stove.

Well,we took it apart again,and cleaned more.Firedt up and the same thing happened .No pellets after startup.We have a scrappy,incomplete owners manual and we read some troubleshooting advice.After it was shutting down for the second time,hubby checked wiring.It seems there was a loose wiret hhe auger motor.Made adjustment,and pellets are coming down without incident for 3 hours now

That will do it.

Start a conversation with me and provide an email address it turns out I have a tech manual on my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.