bixby 110 burn plate gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
what size of tadpole gasket do you use on burn plate on a 110 and where do you get it ?
I think the gasket is flat one inch stove gasket not tope type. Should be found in home depot or other box stores.

I think the gasket is flat one inch stove gasket not tope type. Should be found in home depot or other box stores.

Thanks I'll check into that.. how about the door or ash pan door ? Are they special order? I like my Bixby, but a shame it's so hard to find parts. Thanks again.

Thanks I'll check into that.. how about the door or ash pan door ? Are they special order? I like my Bixby, but a shame it's so hard to find parts. Thanks again.
The ash door can be a rope type but not sure of the diameter The door was always a puzzle to me but last fall I had a fellow from out east that found a supplier and it worked good. I'll have to go back through my e-mails and try to find it

The ash door can be a rope type but not sure of the diameter The door was always a puzzle to me but last fall I had a fellow from out east that found a supplier and it worked good. I'll have to go back through my e-mails and try to find it

it is not flat it has a bulb on it .
1-685c32d398.png

Rona, you seem to know the Bixby well, why can't I get it to burn this year and last year it was simple? I have replaced all stove pipes and ash pan gasket, messed with air and feed rates. And 1 day it burns fine then now for the last 5 days it filled with corn and snuffs itself out! I've cleaned it very well all "air holes " are clean and im about to send it to the scrap yard and give up on Bixby. Any help would be appreciated.

I might be able to answer that. I had the same problem for quite awhile, then I removed the Bixby vent cap and that helped. It would run great for a day, two days, three... Just starting to feel safe to sleep with it on, then poof! overfilled pot again. Then I noticed every time it happened, it was with a strong wind from the south (my pipe is on the south side). The wind was forcing exhaust back into the intake (same as with the $200 cap on). The simple answer is to have the air intake stop far short of the end of the inner pipe. What I did was remove all the Bixby pipe (3 feet) and ran 3" pellet stove pipe instead. For the intake, I removed the 3" rubber hose inside the Bixby and ran it out the hole under the exhaust pipe (it is covered by a round plate). I then clamped it to some PCV pipe and out through the wall farther from the exhaust. This solved my problem. I would never recommend more than 3 feet of Bixby exhaust period, because it cools the exhaust to much, then corrodes from the inside out. 3" pipe and a seperate intake is the way to go. Hope that helps you.

...and before you drag it to the smasher, part it out first. Parts are like gold on that machine. (Some of the parts actually are gold plated LOL).