Bixby corn stove door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Minnesota gal

Mar 22, 2021
We have a Bixby corn stove over 15 years old. We have a love/hate relationship ;) Has anyone changed out the gasket in the door on these?? it has a sleeve around the gasket and was chalked with silicone very well. I switched out the door with a spare Bixby door we have on hand.

It generally is the easiest just buy a extra door because of the difficulty in finding the proper material and having the tools to do it right.. there is people who may have extra doors available that are good.

The door gasket and glass are custom factory fitted. Most glass shop do replace stove glass and gaskets on most stoves, except the Bixby, and most shops won't touch them. It's not really a DIY. As Rona said above it is better to find another if possible. Also, the high temp RTV helps with voids and there is an adjustment on the door latch for tightness that is DIY. Good luck finding a fix.

On mine I did a gasket between the glass and door I think it was 3/8" gasket. Then I I did another gasket 1/2" on the inside surface of the glass that comes in contact with the stove opening. Worked great for me

Reactions: Washed-Up