Black Cherry Gelatin?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call either Rutgers University or Penn State, they are always running studies on these type of anomalies, I don't think there's any charge, My neighbor called one year because he was having an issue with a blight in his garden, they asked for a soil sample to be mailed to them, then they sent a field student up to take pics and get more samples. It turns out the insolated the problem, he was dumping fire place ash and tilling the soil, which seems normal, but if you burn walnut the ash is poisonous to garden plants. Maybe worth a shot.

Reactions: CenterTree
Thanks! That was a good read.
From that article (which I haven't located before) I gather the cause of the Gummosis to be peach bark beetle.
Not the peachtree borer.

My oldest son is majoring in Ecology at IUP college. I may see if he has any "contacts" that can help.

As suggested above (kenny) I will also contact PennState and see if they want to take a gander.

Reactions: claydogg84
Status
Not open for further replies.