Black Friday wish list for wood stove/wood cutting products?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thanks for the tips! I will be doing that today now, looking for the bits. Are they like cone shaped?

Wouldn't a cordless drill work? Only issue I see is holding it at the correct angle. I have a cheap Dremel like rotary sharpener that clips to a 12v battery.
Dremel tool RPM = 35,000

Current DeWalt 20V cordless drill max RPM = 1650

How many hours you got, in a day? 😀

Reactions: Gearhead660
I avoid any and all sales venues, in person or online these days. The crowd, crazy,. screaming bullchit gets on my nerves. Online gets to be an even worse place with ads annoying the crap out of me.

For black Friday specifically, generally I spend time outside with the kids or doing some projects. The wife generally volunteers to work (hospital) as no one wants to and it's easy/quiet (not a lot of surgeries happening), and to avoid the same as I am.

Back in East TN she'd always go at 6.30 am and see traffic jams on the exits off of I40 at the mall. Insanity.

And with Christmas)as we don't have family in the country), we generally go on a hike. Everybody unwrapping and eating,.no one in the parks.

The project yesterday was a plug to block the air inlet on my BK. (It's warm here, so the stove is cold.) I sometimes get a.smell in the basement the stove is cold, due to cold air in the flue sinking down thru the (creosote covered cat stove) firebox.
I took a 2*8 cut off, cut it to size (1/16" smaller than the opening), routed.a groove in the center of the sides, put some rubber foam like weather stripping in the groove so it sticks out by 1/8". Used the lid of an old Elijah Craig bottle (top against the wood, cork side facing out) for a handle. Slid it snugly in the opening. Sealed. Nothing bought, problem solved.