Black locust score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FaithfulWoodsman

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2015
Geographic Center of Ohio
Had a family members property get bought by a tree/greenhouse company. Black locust lined the back edge of the lot. Thought about asking the company if I could take the locust, but never did till I saw them pushed over and piled up. Guy said yeah, but unfortunately most of them are really hard to get to, all smashed together and dirt locked. Another load is accessible, maybe a little more, unfortunately there is prob 5 cords I can't get to. Oh well glad to get this one. My youngest went with me to help. He loves helping get firewood and is a man's man even at a young age. Love him tons.
IMG_20170227_202439279.jpg

Maybe a little but not much. They were pushed over by a huge trackhoe and some land was excevated. So there is yards of dirt and I have other wood that needs gotten. Fencing is also tangled in there as well. Too much mess. Wish I would have asked sooner, but at least I can get a couple cords out.

Reactions: Rangerbait
Thx. Don't get much bl so I'm pumped.