Blaze King Ashford 30.2 Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I will take a sample of a few pieces today. Given my current setup, would you recommend adding height to my chimney?
The recommended MINIMUM is 15'. As other have advised, you can wait to add until it gets colder, but if you would like to have better performance and run during the shoulder season, you may wish to add length. Pipe is like LEGOS, sold in 1' increments. I'd suggest a 3' section to start.

Reactions: Hexa Fox
I hate to revive an old thread, I know it is frowned upon in most communities but this one is recent enough I would like to know if there was an update. @Andrew S did you ever figure out what your problem was and address it? I have a very similar setup to you. In that my stove will be sitting on a brick hearth and have a 90° elbow going into the wall, which is almost 2' going out the the chimney. Finally my chimney is around 17' from where I plan to install the tee connection and go up. The entire chimney is almost 22' to the bottom of the cleanout for clarity purposes.

I am interested in both the Ashford 30.2 and the Princess 32 (potentially even others). I see less posts about problems with the Ashford and obviously realize this could be because the Princess is probably the more popular choice and has more people posting about issues overall.

Also can someone tell me was he counting the tee connection as an additional elbow I am guessing? So by that logic I am also going to have two elbows then?

He hasn't posted since Oct. 2021.
Yes, a tee introduces another 90º turn in the flue path.

He hasn't posted since Oct. 2021.
Yes, a tee introduces another 90º turn in the flue path.
Yeah so I need to account for two 45º to make the 90º from stove to wall, the 90º that the tee will create and the roughly 2' of horizontal run from inside the house to the chimney?

I also read where @BKVP said it is from the top of the stove? So the stove top that I have now is roughly 2' from the horizontal opening. If I am doing the math right that would give me 2' extra making my height 19' rather than 17'. This is assuming whatever BK I choose is about the same. He is also a Blaze King rep too correct? It sounds like I am very close to the minimum requirement for one of these stoves to function properly. It is going to be my primary/sole heating source so I want to make certain I get this right. We have electric baseboard heat but that isn't great.

All stove models by each mfg have specific firebox designs. How well a stove performs not only involves the uniqueness of the stove, but also individual chimneys.

Some stove models are more forgiving to draft variability. The Princess is one of those models.

Yes, I work for Blaze King Industries.

BKVP

All stove models by each mfg have specific firebox designs. How well a stove performs not only involves the uniqueness of the stove, but also individual chimneys.

Some stove models are more forgiving to draft variability. The Princess is one of those models.

Yes, I work for Blaze King Industries.

BKVP
It is Chris right? Thanks for the reply.