Blaze King Princess fan/blower question...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

drhiii

Hearth Supporter
Oct 15, 2006
Have just acquired a new as in only one fire burned in a Blaze King Princess stove. Am searching for answers to... will a Blaze King fan kit work on a Blaze King Princess as well? Have not been able to find a sufficient answer yet. Will keep searching. It appears yes, but need to validate this.

Anyone utilize a blower kit on a BK or BKP and have any commentary on the kits? Useful enough? Loud? Adjustable to regulate the noise output?

And in a related but lesser importance... how do BK Princess owners like their stoves? After years with a Napoleon 1700, am looking forward to this upgrade and hopefully longer burn times.

tx

Last edited:
Have just acquired a new as in only one fire burned in a Blaze King Princess stove. Am searching for answers to... will a Blaze King fan kit work on a Blaze King Princess as well? Have not been able to find a sufficient answer yet. Will keep searching. It appears yes, but need to validate this.

Anyone utilize a blower kit on a BK or BKP and have any commentary on the kits? Useful enough? Loud? Adjustable to regulate the noise output?

And in a related but lesser importance... how do BK Princess owners like their stoves? After years with a Napoleon 1700, am looking forward to this upgrade and hopefully longer burn times.

tx

I ran without the fans for a week or two due to a goofed up order. The fans made a huge difference circulating heat. Order them in my opinion. Easily adjustable for noise. Enjoy the long burns!

Please clarify. The princess is what blaze king offers as both an insert and a freestanding stove. My bk princess is freestanding and the fans for the insert are totally different.

Are you trying to put freestanding bk fans on a bk insert?

I own a BK princess free standing stove and love it, I also have the BK fan kit (they are the same for the princess and king stove) I suggest you also order the convection deck.
What i do is get the stove hot, then turn her down to a glow with candle size flames, then turn the blower on low / medium low and let the heat ozz out with a 12-16 hr burn time (of useful heat) In the depths (coldest of the cold) of winter i'll burn the stove a little hotter and keep the fan on medium and cut the burn times to 12hr loads.
Check your cam lock tightness on the baffle plate and the door gasket by doing the dollar bill test, only burn wood below 20% moisture content (prefer 15% or less actually)

If your Princess is a model 1006 and the King model is a 1107, yes. There have been many different King and Princess models. Models numbers need to be known to give you an accurate answer.