blaze king princess fire box size L-W-D

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLAZE82

Feb 16, 2009
north east G.A.
what is the actual fire box dimension on the blaze king princess 1006 wood stove. i would really like to know ive been thinking long and hard about taking the plunge and buying one. any input would be great thanks.

Thanks for your help. these dimensions shouldn't have change i hope but from N of 60 deminsions it comes to 3.6 cf there brochure says 2.8 cf i was just woundering if N of 60 blaze king princess is a older model? or if blaze king is just conservative on there stats.

Hmm, your right, maybe try PM him and see if he will check those measurements.

Thats the #s I got. This is giving measurement to the bottom of stove to the bottom of the channel that holds the CAT in place, =h. Fire brick to fire brick for width. Length is measured from back to the front door glass frame witch leaves you 3/4" to the glass.
Hope this helps.

Thanks N of 60 for the info. You do have the princess 1006 stove right?

That's odd but good, the firebox is actually bigger than they state on their literature.

OK Im on glue. Warmed up to -8 today and didnt re-fill the stove before I left for work so I could double check the dimension's. Im shaking my head but this is what I got and dont know what I was doing before. Sorry for any misconceptions. W=21" L=18" and height=12" as another poster on an other thread mentioned. Hope Iam forgivin. N of 60 8-/

north of 60 said:
OK Im on glue. Warmed up to -8 today and didnt re-fill the stove before I left for work so I could double check the dimension's. Im shaking my head but this is what I got and dont know what I was doing before. Sorry for any misconceptions. W=21" L=18" and height=12" as another poster on an other thread mentioned. Hope Iam forgivin. N of 60 8-/

With those dimensions, have you ever packed the stove really tight? If so, how long was your burn?

Ed

EasyEd said:
north of 60 said:

With those dimensions, have you ever packed the stove really tight? If so, how long was your burn?

Ed

I always pack the stove as tight as I can get it at every reload. Mostly pine. The burn times will vary with T-stat setting and outdoor temps.
When it is warm out, lets say -5c Stove at low setting #1 a 10 to 12 hr burn can be achieved to heat my home. If its warmer out in the above freezing range I can get 14 to16hrs with good solid pine. Remember our pine at 6" diameter can be at least 50yrs old so the rings are pretty tight compared to a coastal southern pine. 9hr burns in colder temps at -15c-20c with a very warm house is an easy target. And yes Iam off the glue tonight. :p

north of 60 said:

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll forgive you this time, but next time you screw up you get 10 lashes! :lol:

Are you guys cutting your wood slab style? My sierra's firebox is only 12" in height due to the cat on top and I had cut all my wood regular style in the beginning of the season for my old insert, I have a hard time stacking it and fitting some of the pieces under that 12" when I get a good amount of coals. I have found if I recut the splits so they are flat instead of wedge I can fill the firebox more.

Response from BK regarding size of the fire box for princess stoves:

Jim:

The firebox calculations in the stove industry are computed by the
laboratories that certify the stoves for EPA. The calculations do include
specific space cavities you may not be including. However, more than likely
you may have a Princess Ultra or Princess Parlor model. These two models
have a second layer of brick in the bottom to help protect the ash plug hole
from being hit by a shovel during ash clean out. Although not mandatory, we
added the layer of brick to provide an even bottom. The bricks are 1” thick
and considering previously mentioned cavities, the firebox is certainly 2.8
cu. ft.

How is the stove performing?

Regards
Chris
Blaze King Industries, Inc.

Jim,
That's the same info I had received when I contacted the manufacturer about the differences within the three models. I also asked about whether a stove could be ordered w/o the ash clean out hole and plug, they said absolutely. Given the somewhat limited size of the optional ash pan and the issues with the interior volume of the fire box, I don't see why most would not delete the hole.

My BlazeKing kicks ass.
I love this stove.
Our furnace has come on a total of 6 times all winter.
What else can i say.

Brad

dont have a blaze king so i could be wrong but i believe stoves are measured to the top of the fire brick for cu ft try measuring that area wxhxl and see if it equals the number you are looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.