Blaze King Princess,Sirocco 30,or Ashford 30???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea why the King has a lower emissions 1.76 g versus the Princess with 2.42 g
Also is both the Ashford 30 and Sirocco 30 catalytic wood stoves ?

Any idea why the King has a lower emissions 1.76 g versus the Princess with 2.42 g
Also is both the Ashford 30 and Sirocco 30 catalytic wood stoves ?

No idea on the first question but as for the second, yes they are both catalytic.

Am sure the BK fella mentioned the size of wood used during the testing.

King vs Princess used different size wood, hence. Different gram per thingy.

Maybe Iam wrong.

Am sure the BK fella mentioned the size of wood used during the testing.

King vs Princess used different size wood, hence. Different gram per thingy.

Sorry I don't understand different size wood for different g emissions ???
Can you elaborate -- I like the Princess operation and burn time, but am looking for low emissions.......Thanks

Looking to get a new BK to heat my 2500 sq. ft. ''A'' frame house. Stove is located in the finished basement (old school 70's wood paneling) and the house has an open floor plan with 2nd story being a loft. Current stove is a non-cat 3 cubic ft. fire box and does a decent job but it's cheaply made and I'm sick of baby sitting it. I'm stuck with a 6'' chimney liner,so my question is, do I go for more efficient fire box of Sirocco/Ashford or get the larger(by 1/10th of a cubic ft.) fire box of the Princess? Also, is the new Ashford just a Sirocco 30 fire box wrapped in cast iron? THX in advance....D

Anybody know if you can load 18'' logs n/s in the Ashford 30 ?

Something to do with the wood size.

King used larger dimensional pieces Vs the Princess.

Maybe BKVP will chime in.

King has a much larger cat element. Every stove is different and has different emissions rate. A better question would be why the princess is at 2.42 gph and the other 30 series stoves are less than half of that.

Anybody know if you can load 18'' logs n/s in the Ashford 30 ?
Yes, you can, but bottom row will sit on ash lip. Distance front door to rear brick is 20", but distance ash lip to rear brick is 17.5".

You will love the Princess! I was trying to decide between her and the Ashford as well. Honestly, I didnt think the Princess looked very attractive on the show room floor but I settled for the ugly girl. Glad I did. She looks way better in the house and has that "substantial" look to her that I was after. I now believe the Princess looks better in my house than the Ashford would have. Plus there is that 24hr burn on three pieces of wood thing going on! Congrats! You will be stoked!

Hey, just to be fair, I'm getting > 24 hours on 3 sticks every day of the week, in an Ashford 30.

Hey, just to be fair, I'm getting > 24 hours on 3 sticks every day of the week, in an Ashford 30.

Right, performance should be almost the same. The firebox is the same size. The princess is a bit more efficient but with a bit dirtier emissions. Tough to say which is best now that there are so many 30 series options. The princess has that 6" deep ash belly which is very nice. The ashfords really look good and come with steel cats. Hard to go wrong.

You will love the Princess! I was trying to decide between her and the Ashford as well. Honestly, I didnt think the Princess looked very attractive on the show room floor but I settled for the ugly girl. Glad I did. She looks way better in the house and has that "substantial" look to her that I was after. I now believe the Princess looks better in my house than the Ashford would have. Plus there is that 24hr burn on three pieces of wood thing going on! Congrats! You will be stoked!
lol - the same can be said for the princess in my house, at first I thought she was an ugly girl in the showroom, but when I got her home she fit in great...maybe my house could use a make over lol.

lol - the same can be said for the princess in my house, at first I thought she was an ugly girl in the showroom, but when I got her home she fit in great...maybe my house could use a make over lol.

Hey, if I talked about my wife like that I'd be sleeping in the garage! :)

Reactions: Ashful
A princess, if it truly has a deeper box, would be my #1 choice if it is not a centerpiece of my home. I love the deep box on my king and couldn't go back.

Do not know why everyone thinks the princess/king are so ugly as I think they look a whole lot better in a modern décor than most. The ashford looks old and dated to me and is definitely not my style. I really like the looks of our new classic, but would not put pedestal legs on it or an ash can below it. Matter of taste I guess and it appears I like ugly ;).

Regards

I like the Princess. I think there are better looking stoves out there but the Princess is not a centerpiece nor an eyesore in my home. It just does what I need it to do and surprises most winter visitors who figure out it's actually in use.

Reactions: Ashful
I own a princess myself and I love it!!! Very good stove, I would recommend ordering the convection deck and blower kit, it's a life saver when it gets really cold out.
The convection deck really focuses the air over the stove top to get it heated and blown out in front of the stove.
I did try using the blower only but then found myself ordering the convection deck shortly there after, bite the bullet now!!!
The one good thing is that these stoves are popular so if you don't need the deck you could always resell it at a slightly cheaper price from mrsp.
Good luck and we want pics when you get it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.