blaze king ptj202 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cableguy

Nov 2, 2013
michigan
Picked up a blaze king ptj202, for next to nothing. I have a 6" metal chimney. i installed last spring when they had the kits on sale at home depot. This stove has 8" hole on top. I know they make the adapter, but is this ok? This old stove looks like its hardly been used. Has the fan on back that still works, and the thermostat, but i lost the top cover in the move somehow. Should i install a damper in the pipe or leave it wide open?
Ill be using this in a 32x50 pole barn, once in a while. mostly weekends. fully insulated walls and ceiling, finished with osb. I have an acre of woods, with a cord split two years ago. Hoping it works good.
Ill check with insurance before i fire it up,(too many times) but a few years ago, they told me an extra $50 per year to insure.

Might be ok with that very tall flue. Call Blaze King support and ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.