Blaze King stole my dog and gave me gas.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Myke

May 23, 2016
WA
Here are a couple of my earlier posts.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/new-guy-with-new-bk-stove.155235/

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ead-everything-bk.155890/page-37#post-2122543

Now on with the story.

When we first got our new Blaze King Sirocco 30.1 we did not have a dog as we had to put ours down a few years ago and weren't sure we wanted to get another one. Well, we wound up adopting this guy. He's a 50 pound Bull Terrier named Captain.
cpt3.jpeg

After seeing the new Blaze King, even he was excited to use it.

DSCN0613.JPG

Until we started using our new stove, Captain and I would have a great time hanging out on the property and keeping an eye on those mischievous gnomes.

DSCN0596.JPG DSCN0616.JPG

Well the day finally came to use our new Blaze King and there was much excitement and doing the happy rolling on the ground dog-thing.

DSCN0601.JPG

Unfortunately, those days are but faded happy memories now, as Captain apparently prefers the company of his new buddy and doesn't mind snubbing me.

DSCN0638.JPG DSCN0626.JPG DSCN0627.JPG

Even it means questionable judgement on the proper use of his bed.

DSCN0644.JPG

Anyhow, that's the sad, sad story of how Blaze King stole my dog. Well, eventually warmer temperatures will arrive and maybe, just maybe I'll get my dog back.

As for Blaze King giving me gas, it's totally 100% true. We got our 325 gallon propane tank filled early in November and then we would usually get it refilled sometime in early February. Why? Because our old wood burning stove was not as efficient as this crazy-dog-stealing Blaze King. With our old stove we would have to use our furnace because of the shorter burn times and having to load it up nearly every 4 hours so the house would cool off at night and the furnace would kick in. The furnace would also run if we left the house for too long as the fire would die out then as well. But since we have been using the Blaze King we have not used our furnace once since sometime in early October. Our propane tank is at about 54% when pre-Blaze King we would be at about 30% by now.

So now you know how Blaze King stole my dog and gave me gas.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ead-everything-bk.155890/page-37#post-2122543

Now on with the story.

When we first got our new Blaze King Sirocco 30.1 we did not have a dog as we had to put ours down a few years ago and weren't sure we wanted to get another one. Well, we wound up adopting this guy. He's a 50 pound Bull Terrier named Captain.
View attachment 193819

View attachment 193820

Until we started using our new stove, Captain and I would have a great time hanging out on the property and keeping an eye on those mischievous gnomes.

View attachment 193821

View attachment 193822

Well the day finally came to use our new Blaze King and there was much excitement and doing the happy rolling on the ground dog-thing.

View attachment 193823

Unfortunately, those days are but faded happy memories now, as Captain apparently prefers the company of his new buddy and doesn't mind snubbing me.

View attachment 193824

View attachment 193825

View attachment 193826

View attachment 193827

Anyhow, that's the sad, sad story of how Blaze King stole my dog. Well, eventually warmer temperatures will arrive and maybe, just maybe I'll get my dog back.

As for Blaze King giving me gas, it's totally 100% true. We got our 325 gallon propane tank filled early in November and then we would usually get it refilled sometime in early February. Why? Because our old wood burning stove was not as efficient as this crazy-dog-stealing Blaze King. With our old stove we would have to use our furnace because of the shorter burn times and having to load it up nearly every 4 hours so the house would cool off at night and the furnace would kick in. The furnace would also run if we left the house for too long as the fire would die out then as well. But since we have been using the Blaze King we have not used our furnace once since sometime in early October. Our propane tank is at about 54% when pre-Blaze King we would be at about 30% by now.

Mike
I wondered what ever happened to Spuds McKenzie!

Reactions: Myke
How did it give you gas....you didn't have to burn as much? ;)

Picture 8 seems like he is warming up his boy bits. Make sure he doesn't get sunburned down yonder ;-)

great post, made me smile ==c sorry to hear about your dog but glad you're enjoying the heat

Very nice, needed that after reading a couple of the other currently trending threads.

The dog will return to you soon enough. We feel your pain and your joy!

yeah my male pit has taken residence infant of the stove, he's there so much we put his bed there, now he is a full time tripping hazard there

Now on with the story.

View attachment 193819

View attachment 193820

View attachment 193821

View attachment 193822

View attachment 193823

View attachment 193824

View attachment 193825

View attachment 193826

View attachment 193827

Mike
Such a pleasure working with you!! I just love seeing how much your posts!