BlazeKing woodstoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rick-g

Oct 21, 2009
Ontario Canada
Hi Guys, If anyone is looking for a BlazeKing woodstove I can ship any where in Ontario Canada with great prices, call Rick 705-779-3304

Welcome Rick. If you're going to advertise here, I'm sure Craig would love to have you as a sponsor. ;)

Wet1 said:
Welcome Rick. If you're going to advertise here, I'm sure Craig would love to have you as a sponsor. ;)
Sorry, didn't mean to step on any toes.

u ship to alaska?

Hear that......I hear it.....Oh yeah, its Craig stepping away from his carrot sticks and celery and heading towards the Mac. This ain't gonna be good.

Just yanking your chain (O.P). Welcome to the forum, but this isn't a free ad type place. I'm sure Craig (Webmaster) would be more than happy to discuss your options though. ;-P

Blaze King is getting quite a rep around this place.

Jags said:
Hear that......I hear it.....Oh yeah, its Craig stepping away from his carrot sticks and celery and heading towards the Mac. This ain't gonna be good.

Just yanking your chain (O.P). Welcome to the forum, but this isn't a free ad type place. I'm sure Craig (Webmaster) would be more than happy to discuss your options though. ;-P

Blaze King is getting quite a rep around this place.

Carrot sticks, lol.

rick-g said:
Hi Guys, If anyone is looking for a BlazeKing woodstove I can ship any where in Canada with great prices, call Rick 705-779-3304

Hey, if it makes you feel better, someone snitched on me having a link to the products I rep and Craig made me change my sig. It's all in the TOS which I of course didnt read. You gotta respect them for running a tight ship

mellow said:
Franks said:
Hey, if it makes you feel better, someone snitched on me having a link to the products I rep and Craig made me change my sig. It's all in the TOS which I of course didnt read. You gotta respect them for running a tight ship

I still feel like you try and sell everyone an enerzone stove.

I dont try to sell anything. I can only sell Enerzone in my immediate sales area. I have nothing to gain by talking about a stove that I use to heat my own home and which I love. Enerzone makes a wide variety of products, yet I only talk about the one particular model that I use in my house. I also speak fondly of products I don't sell, which tons of people acknowledge that PM me for stove advice. But I think its adorable that my 6 or 7 mentions of a particular stove out of 300+ posts has caught your attention.

Mellow,

Rather than posting negative comments about fellow forum members, did you know that you can click on a members name and then click on "Ignore Member"? Hopefully this will make your experience here more enjoyable. :)

Wet1 said:
Mellow,

Rather than posting negative comments about fellow forum members, did you know that you can click on a members name and then click on "Ignore Member"? Hopefully this will make your experience here more enjoyable. :)

People get their happiness in different ways. Public insults and forums squabbles are a perfect fit for some. I just wanted to make it clear that talking about a stove I love is different than me trying to sell a stove. But my response to him wasn't clear. If anyone is concerned about my motives, look at the handful of suggestions about using that stove that I have made, and to what users..no one around me at all.

I like Franks. He helps out with hearthstones and has been responsive. I never even knew he sold enerzone stoves, eats red meat, or carrot sticks.

The whole concept of price fixing, not shipping stoves, local territories, etc. really jerks my chain. I have money to buy a BK and want to buy it from a guy in Delaware then dang it, why shouldn't I be able to? Free trade my hiney.

Highbeam said:
I like Franks. He helps out with hearthstones and has been responsive. I never even knew he sold enerzone stoves, eats red meat, or carrot sticks.

The whole concept of price fixing, not shipping stoves, local territories, etc. really jerks my chain. I have money to buy a BK and want to buy it from a guy in Delaware then dang it, why shouldn't I be able to? Free trade my hiney.

I have to eat meat. God wouldnt have made deer out of meat if he didn't want us to eat them. I understand your point about not being to buy from out of your area. As a retailer "ENERZONE YAY" I like the idea of encouraging folks to buy local. I started in this business with my dad back in the 80's. I always loved the idea of your friends and neighbors buying from each others local shops. (We used to buy all our meat from Oscars Smoke House in Warrensburg). It just built a great sense of community that I miss. The guy I sold a wood stove was the guy who fixed my truck, and both of us bought our tools from the guy that ran the hardware store on the corner, who also bought a stove from me and got his truck fixed ...and so on.

It also helps for after the sale service. I try not to buy anything large, expensive or complicated out of my neighborhood. If I have a problem or questions, I like to walk into a place, talk to the guy who sold it to me face to face and get my questions answered. Ahh, the good ole days

rick-g said:
Sorry, just Canada

Can you meet me at the Thousand Islands Bridge with a truckload? Just kidding, kinda.

Franks said:
Ahh, the good ole days

So here's what's happening. Imagine Oscar is the only meat place in your state and he is selling T-bone steaks, er make that porterhouses, for 30$ per lb when across the state line the same exact steak is at 15$ per lb but they can't sell to you because you're out of their area. You know that Oscar is gouging the heck out of you right? Nothing you can do but kick him in the jimmy.

This is the deal with BK stoves. I luckily live in the cheap state and you live on the expensive side of the line.

[

This is the deal with BK stoves. I luckily live in the cheap state and you live on the expensive side of the line.[/quote]

I'm the same way. If I know I'm being overcharged I won't buy something. I had the same experience with a Blaze King Princess. Price is $3300 and "they never go on sale". Even in the spring, they won't be on sale because he will easily sell out of them. Last March I was going to spend my tax rebate on something. Woodstock had a great sale and this guy nothing. He started to say maybe $200 off. That was enough for me. I've heard of guys shipping them from the west coast for a little over $2k. Even if the woodstock were the same $3300 price, I would have bought it over the blaze king, just for principle. No actually I would have bought another steel stove, an Englander for $1k.

Where does the extra $2300 come from? It's a bigger stove, and a cat but a large chunk went where, Oh yeah, the dealers wallet.

CTburning said:
Oh yeah, the dealers wallet.

In defense of the dealers, my local shop was quiet about where the money really goes, the distributor, even when I pressed him on it.

I try to buy local whenever I can, but I'm not going to take it in the shorts, either.

Case in point I needed a new battery for my cell phone. Amazon price? $9.95 with free 2 day shipping. I went to our local Radio Shack, their price? $49.95!!! I told the guy straight up "I can get this for $10 on Amazon." He said they intentionally price the battery at an "upgrade price," which means they use it as leverage to sell you a new cell phone (and contract, if possible.....) because they make more money that way. "Gee, Mrs. Smith, it's $50 for a replacement battery, but we can sell you a brand new phone for $69........" Plus, a fair number of people aren't internet savvy and they'll just pay the $50........

That kind of self-serving #$%! will make me run for the exits every time. Local or not, get greedy on me and IMHO you don't deserve to stay in business..........

NP

Franks said:
Wet1 said:
Mellow,

People get their happiness in different ways. Public insults and forums squabbles are a perfect fit for some. I just wanted to make it clear that talking about a stove I love is different than me trying to sell a stove. But my response to him wasn't clear. If anyone is concerned about my motives, look at the handful of suggestions about using that stove that I have made, and to what users..no one around me at all.

Exactly.

Thank you.

I thought I was the only one.

Highbeam said:
Franks said:
Ahh, the good ole days

So here's what's happening. Imagine Oscar is the only meat place in your state and he is selling T-bone steaks, er make that porterhouses, for 30$ per lb when across the state line the same exact steak is at 15$ per lb but they can't sell to you because you're out of their area. You know that Oscar is gouging the heck out of you right? Nothing you can do but kick him in the jimmy.

This is the deal with BK stoves. I luckily live in the cheap state and you live on the expensive side of the line.

We are talking 20+ years ago. Small town folks just didn't gouge their neighbors. If they did, the whole town heard about it. I was just reflecting on the past. I know things are much different now. We had the occasional sore jimmy in Warrensburg, but normally it would get the desired result

Status
Not open for further replies.