Blazers rock

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevada

Hearth Supporter
Aug 24, 2010
The cold part of Nevada
My first ton of pellets which came free with my stove were Eureka Premiums and not knowing the difference I thought they were ok. I recently got a ton of Blazers from the local Home De-Pot for $199 and must say they are outstanding. They burn hotter and seemingly more efficient. I had several Eureka bags with moisture. My Blazers are dry,hard and burn like the devil ! I could tell a quality difference when I was unloading them, just the texture and finish showed a higher quality. ;-) . But before I give the Eurekas a thumbs down, im thinking the ton I got sat in the weather for many moons before I got them....So maybe someday I would try a fresh ton again and give them an honest testing, but for know im hooked on the Blazers..... :coolsmile:

Nevada said:
My first ton of pellets which came free with my stove were Eureka Premiums and not knowing the difference I thought they were ok. I recently got a ton of Blazers from the local Home De-Pot for $199 and must say they are outstanding. They burn hotter and seemingly more efficient. I had several Eureka bags with moisture. My Blazers are dry,hard and burn like the devil ! I could tell a quality difference when I was unloading them, just the texture and finish showed a higher quality. ;-) . But before I give the Eurekas a thumbs down, im thinking the ton I got sat in the weather for many moons before I got them....So maybe someday I would try a fresh ton again and give them an honest testing, but for know im hooked on the Blazers..... :coolsmile:

Lots of sap in the blazers.

It looks like little balls of plasma when it's hit the heat in that burnpot.

If you had moisture issue and crush issues, don't be too quick to blame the manufacturer of any pellet. Both of those can be careless handling by the retailer. The "give away" may be an attempt by the store to unload pellets they screwed up and the manufacturer wouldn't take them back or give credit to the store. I have burned Eurekas in past years and thought they were a great fuel, There are difference in production years, but when you've played with the big boys for years you suddenly don't go back to little league.

Status
Not open for further replies.