blower fan unit for early 80s HearthMate ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scajjr2

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2010
Kingston, NH
Fiance and I have a early 1980's Hearth mate wood/coal stove. We put a pellet basket in it last year and it worked fine. She believes she got the stove shortly after she built the house in 1982

Now she believes that a blower fan unit could be put on one of the sides as there is a hole plug/cover/? up near the top front on either side, about 2" in diameter. The covers pop off but there are no holes to mount a blower (guess I'd have to drill my own).

Found a site, nepacrossroads.com, that had some posts were a guy said he had done it before, but myself and another gent with the same stove and desire for a blower unit got a link to a site for them, electricmotorwarehouse.com, but can't get any responses about which model would fit this stove.

Anyone here have any info on a blower that could be put on this stove?

Thanks.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.