Blower For 1982 Lopi LX

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tweakes182

Jan 19, 2017
CA
After months of looking and trying to find the right fireplace insert for us, we finally found a Lopi LX in extremely good condition. The only downside is that it doesn't have the blower.

I have looked around a bit and the blower that was originally made for this stove is going to cost us 3x what we are playing for the stove itself. New "universal" blowers are ~$50.

So can we put a new universal blower on it? Are there recommendations for what type of blower to use?

I also have a Lopi LX insert that I had installed almost a year ago. Mine came with the original blower, but it has just stopped working (hence me coming across your post). I am in the same boat as you looking into paying a lot for the OEM blower, or finding a universal blower that will do the trick.

Appreciate any suggestions or tips!

Remove the blower and motor. Test to make sure it is the motor is the problem and not the switch. If it is definitely the motor, clean it up well, then post some pictures of the motor. Include any identifying labels or model number information. Or take it into an electrical motor shop for repair.