Blower not fully working Englander 25-PDVC/55-SHP10

dartfrogz

Nov 20, 2014
ct
Hi, my Englander pellet stove is less than a year old and the blower barely works. The speed doesnt seem to spit heat out any faster than a level 3. If you turn it up to lets say 9 and 9, the blower still only pushes hot air out like a level 3. This is ridiculous.

I also always get a failure to start, E2. We always have to start it a 2nd or 3rd time.

And even tho i bought the pellet stove last year, its dated 01/16 what would the best setting be for this stove?

Im never home in time to call the 800 number. So i tried the online form and it wont send. I get an error message when I try. I know theres a guy that works for englander that posts here.. im hoping he is still on the forum.

ericofmaine

Burning Hunk
Feb 8, 2012
Southern Maine
Also, do you have pets in the house? Those squirrel cage blowers are very susceptible to pet hair, dust, etc.

Eric

Reactions: dartfrogz

dartfrogz

Nov 20, 2014
ct
Hi, i dont know what the vac lines are or what they look like. Does anyone have a pic?

Hmmm didnt think to check the squirrel cage. But does it need to come out to clean it? If so.. is there any way to make your own replacement gasket? Because i believe id have to replace that gasket if i take it apart..correct?

dartfrogz

Nov 20, 2014
ct
Eric i think you nailed it!!!! I just evicted a whole family of dust bunnies from the squirrel cage! And now its pushing heat like it should be!!! I wouldnt have thought one seasom could lead to that much gunk which is why i didnt even bother to check it!!! Ty so much!!!!!

Reactions: ericofmaine

ericofmaine

Burning Hunk
Feb 8, 2012
Southern Maine
No problem! Sorry, just seeing this now, but as you've probably found, you don't need to replace the gasket every time you pull the room air blower like when you pull the combustion blower.

Eric

dartfrogz

Nov 20, 2014
ct
Good Morning Eric :)

I actually didn't take it apart i used a clear tube attached to my vacuum hose and weaseled it in there from the side. But i saw on YouTube after how easily it comes out so thats my plan when i get home from work. Pull it apart and give it a thorough vacuuming. When i started it and felt all the air it was pushing i was like YAYYYYYYY hahaha

Again ty so much, we use our pellet stove as our only heag source and you are a life saver!! (Legit!! dont my dart frogs or bird freezing to death)

Pellet rick

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2015
Pottstown PA.
Good Morning Eric :)

I actually didn't take it apart i used a clear tube attached to my vacuum hose and weaseled it in there from the side. But i saw on YouTube after how easily it comes out so thats my plan when i get home from work. Pull it apart and give it a thorough vacuuming. When i started it and felt all the air it was pushing i was like YAYYYYYYY hahaha

Again ty so much, we use our pellet stove as our only heag source and you are a life saver!! (Legit!! dont my dart frogs or bird freezing to death)
Lol yep pet fur and dust in the blower. I have 3 labs and I have to clean mine ounce a month or the blower crawls to a slow turn. I take mine out . its only 4 screws and never replaced the gasket.

dartfrogz

Nov 20, 2014
ct
Rick we have lots of pets too..
4 dogs, 3 cats, bunnies, 3 different species of dart frogs and a bird who is as old as time itself lol

So i will definitely be doing this often!!!! Lol tho we moved our pellet stove to a different spot from last year so hopefully it wont see as much pet hair as where it was before :) lol who am i kidding.. pet hair is EVERYWHERE hahaha

Reactions: Pellet rick