Blower Not working on Jotul GF 300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tinley

Oct 31, 2019
Eastern NY
The blower doesn't work on our Jotul GF 300 and I'm not sure if it ever has since we purchased the house.

I noticed in the manual its somewhat controlled by a Snapstat, below is a portion from the manual on the blower:

Blower Operation.PNG

The wiring diagram doesn't look correct to me. If I understand the operation of the switch, if you placed it into the Manual position wouldn't it bypass the snapstat and supply power to the blower motor. Whereas if you placed the switch in the Auto position, power would only be supplied to the blower motor if the snapstat was satisfied as well. Shouldn't the labels "Manual" and "Auto" below the switch in the diagram above be reversed?

How can I test the blower motor?

How can I test the snapstat?

If you can see the snap stat, heat it up with a lighter. Don’t burn it up, just some of the flame is all it takes. It will literally snap when it’s hot enough. Make sure you don’t touch the wire connections on anything when you pull it down.

Sorry guys I've been away for a while and it will be a few days before I can give the suggestions a try.

Thanks for replying!