Blower shutting off, no fire, not in shut down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

briggsy13

Sep 19, 2011
Maryland
So twice in the last two days all of a sudden the blower stops blowing heat out. When we get to the stove, there is zero fire in the box, but it also is not shutting down. It's still feeding pellets, so there is usually a half a box full of them. We restart the stove and it lights up no problem. When I shut it down later today to clean it I'm going to clean the vacuum line well, Hubby thinks that might be clogged? It seems like it isn't getting enough fresh air introduced to the fire. The oak is clear, he checked that.
Would love other suggestions of things to check. We did have an ignitor issue earlier this year but got that replaced and is now working fine.

Do a full cleaning including the vent and OAK. Then tell us the make, model, and year of your stove.

My husband did a full clean out on Saturday, (including leaf blower clean out) we just didn't have a little enough brush for the vacuum line.

Does my signature not show up? It has my stove in it for ease of knowing what I have. It is a 2011 (which isn't in my signature, I'll add that)
TimberRidge 55 TRP

Last edited:
Does my signature not show up? It has my stove in it for ease of knowing what I have. It is a 2011 (which isn't in my signature, I'll add that)
TimberRidge 55 TRP

Sorry about that. I didn't see it on my tiny smartphone.

is your stove the 55 TRP10 or 55TRP22?

is your stove the 55 TRP10 or 55TRP22?
It's this one. I don't know which of the number/letters it is.

It's this one. I don't know which of the number/letters it is.

Yours is the 55-trpah. Has the stove been plugged in all summer? I would empty the hopper and vacuum out the fines that are in the bottom. Load it with a fresh batch and try it.

Yours is the 55-trpah. Has the stove been plugged in all summer? I would empty the hopper and vacuum out the fines that are in the bottom. Load it with a fresh batch and try it.
No it's been unplugged all summer, I'll try vacuuming out the fines when we get a warmer day. It was in the teens overnight here in MD. Thankfully it ran awesome all night and it's cozy in the house this morning.

Reactions: jackman