Blower Speed Control Mystery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleart

Oct 5, 2015
Troy
Just installed a White Mountain Hearth DV33IN33L(N)-2 that I purchased on Craigslist. I fired it up and waited patiently for the blower to kick on but it never did. The fan is still in back but on further investigation, it seems like the fan speed control dial is missing???

There is a black wire that is wire capped and a black wire with just a connector on it, and nothing where the fan speed control dial should be. Does it seem like the fan speed control was taken off for some reason? Maybe because it was loud? Any other thoughts by anyone?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_5264.JPG
    IMG_5264.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 115
Just installed a White Mountain Hearth DV33IN33L(N)-2 that I purchased on Craigslist. I fired it up and waited patiently for the blower to kick on but it never did. The fan is still in back but on further investigation, it seems like the fan speed control dial is missing???

There is a black wire that is wire capped and a black wire with just a connector on it, and nothing where the fan speed control dial should be. Does it seem like the fan speed control was taken off for some reason? Maybe because it was loud? Any other thoughts by anyone?

Thank you

There should be TWO electrical items in that circuit.
1 would be the fan rheostat &
2 would be the snap disk to allow juice to flow to the blower once the
firebox has heated up to temperature.

There should be TWO electrical items in that circuit.
1 would be the fan rheostat &
2 would be the snap disk to allow juice to flow to the blower once the
firebox has heated up to temperature.

I saw a plug type device going up to the bottom of the firebox and thought that might be the rheostat, wasn't sure. Based on the 2 black wires not connected to anything, do you think the rheostat and fan speed control were removed? If so, does anyone sell replacements? Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a plug type device going up to the bottom of the firebox and thought that might be the rheostat, wasn't sure. Based on the 2 black wires not connected to anything, do you think the rheostat and fan speed control were removed? If so, does anyone sell replacements? Thanks again.

Are you in TROY, NY? If so, Best Fire's warehouse in Green Island will
have a couple of controls that will probably work.
If not, there are vendors on-line who carry replacement parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.