Blower Speed issue - Quadrafire AE Mt. Vernon insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yep. That is the latest and greatest. Well, except lately I think they had a newer one. That is the same one I have. kap

Kap - it's good to hear I have the latest board - I probably don't have the latest software update(s) but I guess it'll have to do for now. I just finished repairing the broken pin on the logic board. The repair is by far the ugliest soldering job I've done in my career, but the connections are pretty solid and the continuity tests out. I actually ended up having to put a bead on the "stub" of the broken pin and hang a connector off of it. For the life of me I couldn't heat the iron up enough to melt the old solder - they must be making boards a bit differently then when I was bench technician.

In any case, I hope to reinstall the board tomorrow and hopefully replace the wiring harness to the convection blower.

Thanks, Lee

Wishing you the best of luck and that things work. kap