Blower speed not work on my 96 Ford F150

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
The blower on wood hauler stop working except on high the other day. I check on connections, everything is tight. I bought a new switch, no luck, new blower motor, again everything only works on high. Any ideas? Thanks

The blower on wood hauler stop working except on high the other day. I check on connections, everything is tight. I bought a new switch, no luck, new blower motor, again everything only works on high. Any ideas? Thanks

Sounds like you need a new resistor block.

Reactions: heat seeker
this vid may help

Thank you!!!!!! I just ordered my part on line from Advance Auto Parts for 18.00 with tax and discounts

Last edited:
a lot of times the plug itself goes bad. you'll be able to get a hint of this by trying to pull off the plug to the resistor pack if it is really hard or it won't come off it is melted on so you might need the plug also. stupid thing is they want more for the plug than the resistor block. both my car and my truck have good resistor blocks but bad plugs. one was rusted and melted the other was just melted.

oh ya both of my vehicles are fords. 01 grand marquis and 96 e250

Status
Not open for further replies.