Blower wont start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oilstinks

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2008
western NC
HELP! I left my backpack blower (stihl br420c) out in all the Fay rain in the back of my truck with the muffler hole up. I drained all the water i can out pulled the plug and left it out for a couple of days with piston up and down to expose ports. Ive changed plug and it wont start. Im getting a blue white spark. I put ether in cylinder and it still wont light. Poured a little gas in cylinder wont light. Dont even get a puff of smoke. Thanx for any advice

shouldnt have water in gas although i havent checked it. Left it in rain many times cause i clean parkinglots after work. Never done this before. First it fell over and got water in motor though. It wont fire on ETHER is what i cant figure out or fresh gas in cylinder. May be the simple fix is to drain out gas in tank.?!

Status
Not open for further replies.