Englander pellet stove 25-pdvc wont start and top auger wont engage at times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eblimm

Nov 28, 2020
New york
Hello i recently bought an englander pellet stove model 25-pdvc and it worked fine for about a week and now i cant get it to fully start it runs through the start up cycle fine but i always get an e-2 error and it wont fully shut down it sounds like the blower is always running even if it runs out of pellets. Sometimes the top auger wont turn ive gone as far as switching the motors amd switching the leads and sometimes it still wont turn. I cleaned out the small hole on the right side which seemed to be the ingiter hole and the top auger atarted to work again but it still wont ignite fully ive done just about everything ive read online including cutting of the dryrotted section of pressure hose and my hopper lid switch clicks when i press it. The only thing i havent done yet is start throwing new parts at it as this could start to get expensive going that route and id like to at least have another opinion before i buy new parts

Was it brand new or used? Pull the combustion blower and clean it and the chamber. Pull the rear firewall panel inside the stove run a bottle brush in the heat exchanger, then vacuum it out. Just to the right of the burn pot there is a small hole make sure it is open. Now in the back pull the rubber(silicon) hose 1 at a time check for holes and cracks they get brittle. Reassemble and try it out. Let us know how you make out

Reactions: SidecarFlip
Thanks for the reply ive tried everything including bypassing the vaccum switches, each vaccum switch had brittle ends that ive cut and re attached and still no lick i will try to give it a real deep clean tomorrow