Boating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

woodnomore

Oct 3, 2019
Central MN
Ice is off the lake just north of me. I am putting the fishing boat in the water this afternoon. Going to be wonderful to smell the 2 cycle again. Looks like I better get the two old boats ready to run too.

It was a little cool on the lake but it was wonderful to be back on the water, makes you forget about the madness for a little while.

Nice to hear you got on the water. Private access? I thought all public boat ramps were shut down?

Doing ggv my part to social distance! We still have black ice.

Attachments

• 20200404_114706.jpg
    20200404_114706.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 148
Saw a boat trolling around the ice flows today. Probably going after lake trout on the surface.

Reactions: DAKSY
Schroon. It was a blast watching the ice break up and start moving down the lake this weekend.

Man you guys are lucky, it was -33 here 2 days ago. Our rivers are still froze shut here, hopefully end of April there will be a 1 week window where the ice is off before the spring high water comes, otherwise will have to wait until mid-May before the rivers are low enough to be navigable.

Saw a video posted by a friend with snowmobiles still blasting down the lake.

That looks like a little slice of heaven Bob.

That's a special spot.

Reactions: DAKSY
Thanks, begreen. It IS, for now.
Emperor Cuomo's taxes are driving us out.
2-3 more years MAX.
Up here if you have over three acres on the water with a new home, you're are talking over 10 thousand in taxes. We pay two tax bills, county and school with our town tax in with the county.

This will be our first year with the bimini top.

Attachments

• !cid_885ECCBE-3C04-4CE2-980A-8BD2D9F77D72.jpg
    !cid_885ECCBE-3C04-4CE2-980A-8BD2D9F77D72.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 158
Up here if you have over three acres on the water with a new home, you're are talking over 10 thousand in taxes. We pay two tax bills, county and school with our town tax in with the county.

This will be our first year with the bimini top.
Nice, I had a Sea Nymph and a Star Craft the Star craft had a top and it was nice when the sun was beating down on a hot day. Thinking of trying to pick one up as I miss the weekend fishing trips to Quabbin Reservoir.

Reactions: thewoodlands
FOJB0991.JPG
I miss the boat this year but not the polishing waxing and maintenance. Feel like I got 100 hours of my life back and it's only spring. LOL

With Puget Sound being saltwater, it's even more maintenance here.