Boating

DAKSY

Patriot Guard Rider Moderator
Staff member
We bought a 1990 Bass Buddy Pontoon in 2017. $4500 cash. 18' with a '91 25 hp Johnson. Seats 6 - 8 & is perfect for our usage on the small lake we live on. Fish, take rides or party. Only maintenance is fueling after initial start up & a little bit of cleaning. Launch it in April. Remove it in October. Winterize it, tarp it, & store it in the woods across the street. Trailer gets about 1/4 mile of travel every year...

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Foothills of The Adirondacks
Nice, I had a Sea Nymph and a Star Craft the Star craft had a top and it was nice when the sun was beating down on a hot day. Thinking of trying to pick one up as I miss the weekend fishing trips to Quabbin Reservoir.
I use to fish walleye on the St.Lawrence River years back but we've just been taking the boat out for rides lately. It has been very dry for this time of year so the water is low but we'll get out on the water pretty soon.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009

Today we took our first boat ride out on Carry Falls Reservoir, we were thinking because of the lack of rain this spring that the water levels would be down but they were holding back water (not generating for power) so we had plenty of water.

The wife liked the new Bimini top so that was good but after a cold spring I wanted sun, guess I didn't win again.

I always take a picture of the rock on every ride, in the fall the drop in water should be 3 or 4 feet.

On the way back we came across a fire that was going pretty good (storage shed?) they had two fire trucks there and we ran into another three heading out of our small town.

It has been very dry here and the fire was next to State Route 56.

People had already starting parking there campers near the road so they would get a spot, I'm sure some will understand and others will be pissed.

Attachments

Last edited:

woodnomore

Oct 3, 2019
Central MN
Kinda sad, with the move to the lake I will not have room to properly store my vintage Alumacraft runabouts. Selling my 1954 Deep C and my 1957 Flying D.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
We were up on Carry Falls Reservoir today, they were holding back water so the water level was very high causing a bunch of smaller logs to come off the banks, we didn't hit any and warned some other boaters coming on when we were leaving.

The boats down here across the road are on the mud but once they start generating the water levels come up. It's the busiest we ever seen Carry on a Thursday.

Attachments