Boiler flue pipe close to wall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

James Ascherl

Jun 6, 2010
Hinckley, Ohio
So my 6" single wall flue runs approximately 8' horizontally from my EKO40 before it enters the chimney. My issue is that it is right against the block wall and crosses a 3/4" copper water line, a 1/2" electrical conduit, and a 1/2" copper supply line. All three are right next to each other. I'm assuming that the flue will get hot enough to melt the wire casing inside the conduit. Any suggestions on how to protect them? I am thinking I could wedge a decent amount of fire rated insulation between the flue and the three components?
I also have 8 feet of 8" double walled pipe that I was planning on sliding over the 6" flue to help contain some additional heat.
I have attached pictures. The dark pipe is the old 3/4" main water line.

Boiler1.jpg Boiler2.jpg Boiler3.jpg

Switch to doublewall...it is approved for 6" min clearance

What size flue does the manual require? Looks like an 8 inch outlet requiring 8 inch pipe and 8 inch minimum chimney diameter.

Single wall requires 18 inches clearance to combustibles (wire insulation), the 8 inch double wall you have requires 6 inches.

A metal shield of 24 ga. minimum thickness with 1 inch airspace also allows single wall pipe to be reduced by 66% or a minimum of 6 inch clearance.