Boston 1700 installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonsaiforlife

Dec 18, 2012
Oregon
Recently had my Boston Enviro 1700 installed. I did some searching on this site for reviews and that helped alot in making the decision to buy this one.

The wife and I had looked at alot of wood inserts at the stores but they all looked like black cubes that were slightly missing in the aesthetic category. We were at a point that we figured if we wanted a insert that looked good we would have to sacrifice functionality. We wanted it to be the primary heat source in the winter. We went to a home show and saw one of the Boston's there and they said they were quite good at putting out heat since they sit out a bit from the fireplace instead of being flush. We really liked it and bought one as soon as we could.

Its a beautiful insert and cranks out the heat. We have a 2200sq ft ranch style house and its in the center of the house. The back rooms will get to 65 without any fans on. If I stock the firebox it will easily get the room to 80. I am currently burning 3 year seasoned oak that will burn about 8 hours overnight but thats with the damper mostly closed so it does not get super hot but keeps the house warm. The great part is the heat pump does not kick on. Our windows are old 70's style double pane that let in alot of cold, so I am curious to how warm the stove keeps the house once we have modern windows.

I have plans on removing the brick masonry and putting in some more modern rock. We chose the burgundy enamel option. The camera flash makes it much redder that it normally looks, mostly looks very dark.

Here is a photo.

IMG_1782.JPG

Reactions: raybonz
Welcome, Bonsai. :)
Very nice. Love that enamel finish!
begreen lists the Enviros as an option often, so I'm sure it's an excellent stove. Keep us informed as to how it's working out. You might post in the review section after you've had a chance to operate the heater for a while and know it well.

Happy burning! :cool:

Congrats on your new insert and welcome to the forum! When it comes to inserts it's hard to top the looks of that one..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.