Bought an Echo Timber Wolf Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Don't know if this is relevant but I have an Echo gas hedge trimmer that usually takes at least 4-6 pulls to start it. Did this right out of the box. Kevin

Added one of these to my collection on a whim. Anyone with any experience with the Timber Wolf? It seems to have some good power. A bit harder to start than my Husqvarna Saws but overall looks like a really great saw. Folks at the dealership said they havent seen problems with one in over two years of selling them.
I bought the timber wolf last season, it's a beast! Used it all last season and for the first time since then last week. It fired rite up no problem. I quartered up some 3ft red oak rounds like they were butter. Happy cutting

Reactions: CentralVAWoodHeat
I’d like to try a Echo chainsaw someday but I really don’t need another saw with the two pro saws I have now keeping me good in wood for some time I’m sure. I think they make decent products for the money and in fact I just bought their top of the line pole saw, the PTT-2260 after using a older Echo model for years.

Seems to be good so far. It definitely puts out the power it is rated at. I like the larger fuel and bar oil reservoirs.

The shortcoming of this saw is the vibration. I have used it several times now and it vibrates significantly more than any modern saw I have.

I bought it as a tertiary back up saw and it fits that bill perfectly. I would not want it as a primary saw otherwise my hands would be numb most of the time.

Love mine, it’s usually the one I grab first. Did the muffler mod and had dealer adjust the carb as it wasn’t running exactly right. I had the 590 18” bar) and the 460 25” bar) out the other day. Only reason I went back and grabbed the 460 I needed the longer bar for felling and bucking up the lower stem

Reactions: CentralVAWoodHeat
I really like how the saw comes stock with a good quality chain too. I appreciate how they go for the vibration reduction of the Oregon LPX Chain (I think that is the model), rather than a low-kickback option that I am just going to throw out.