bought my pellet stove not even a week ago and have an issue already

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of talk about the 3 lower buttons, but don't they only come into play when the stove is down on feed settings 1 or 2? My understanding has always been that if you set the feed rate to anywhere between 3-9 the lower buttons settings have no effect.

imacman said:
First of all, the settings should be 4-6-1 on that stove. Second, if the thermostat is still connected, and it's set at 50, that's why the stove is shutting off.....the stat is saying it doesn't need any heat.

Disconnect the stat wires from the control board, and re-install the jumper wire that was in there (that you had to remove) when you hooked the stat up. That will put the stove into manual operation.

But, before you disconnect the stat, try setting the lower 3 buttons as I mentioned above, set the stat for 70, and then hit the on button....see what happens then. Your Air On Temp setting of 3 is totally wrong and may be the reason the stove doesn't start correctly.
the correct factory settings are 6-4-1 and the program should "d".

blackbear219 said:
Lots of talk about the 3 lower buttons, but don't they only come into play when the stove is down on feed settings 1 or 2? My understanding has always been that if you set the feed rate to anywhere between 3-9 the lower buttons settings have no effect.

AOT is Air On Temperature and controls the temperature at which the convection fan is started etc ... This is independant of heat range.

The LFF and LBA have impact only on the two low heat ranges except on some stove models it forms a basis for all heat settings.

Call England and ask, you'll likely get a couple of questions from them about the stove model and year and then they can look it up.

Since the stove is/was on a t-stat the lowest heat range which is affected by the LFF and LBA comes into play when the stove has made set point on the t-stat.

Set too high this can (depending upon building heat loss at that time) cause the temperature to still rise.

blackbear219 said:
Mine is an 09 and the bottom 3 works on all heat settings. Any update from op.

chrisasst said:
blackbear219 said:
No they don't. The on air setting does but low burn air and low burn fuel only take effect on settings 1 and 2, AFAIK

SmokeyTheBear said:
blackbear219 said:

AOT is Air On Temperature and controls the temperature at which the convection fan is started etc ... This is independant of heat range.

The LFF and LBA have impact only on the two low heat ranges except on some stove models it forms a basis for all heat settings.

Call England and ask, you'll likely get a couple of questions from them about the stove model and year and then they can look it up.

Since the stove is/was on a t-stat the lowest heat range which is affected by the LFF and LBA comes into play when the stove has made set point on the t-stat.

Set too high this can (depending upon building heat loss at that time) cause the temperature to still rise.

Like Smokey said, the AOT controls the temperature at which the convection fan comes on. It also dictates the temperature for "proof of fire". If the AOT is set to anything but 1, the stove may "think" that it did not light, causing the stove to shut down and display the E2 code.

England's E-code bulletin specifically mentions under code E2 (failure to start) that one of the causes for code E2 is the AOT being set to anything higher than 1.

"3. If the unit fires but does not continue to run with ample heat to be able to make its proof of fire temp.: The likely issue is a disconnected heat sensor, or the “air on temp†setting being too high. To check the air on temp, push that button and look in the blower speed readout for the setting. It must be set on 1; if set higher, reset to 1 and re-attempt to start the unit. If the stove still doesn’t make it out of startup (particularly if the room fan does not come on), check the heat sensor for possible bad connection. If connected correctly, test the sensor in diagnostic; if the sensor reads a "9" in the heat range and it is connected properly, it’s bad and should be replaced. "

http://www.englanderstoves.com/help/PelletStove/ecodes04.html

smwilliamson said:
chrisasst said:
blackbear219 said:
No they don't. The on air setting does but low burn air and low burn fuel only take effect on settings 1 and 2, AFAIK
Umm, i was told they do. And i can see a difference if i adjust. I will post the link later

chrisasst said:
smwilliamson said:
chrisasst said:
blackbear219 said:
Umm, i was told they do. And i can see a difference if i adjust. I will post the link later

See post #4 from imacman

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/72214/

I'd be very curious to see confirmation from Mike on that. I usually run at 5-5 and I've been getting some small/minor clinkers. If the LBA and LFF do have an influence at settings above 2, I could try to add some more LBA and eliminate the clinkers. I guess I don't need confirmation though, I could just try it :p

I've also read that you have to fully shutdown and restart the stove for any LBA and LFF changes to take effect. I don't believe this is the case with my control board version as I put my stove on 1 and changed them around and definitely saw the difference in real-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.