Brand new King 5502m need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Shimesy

Dec 16, 2017
Maine
I have a brand new king 5502M and it was just installed yesterday. When I got the diagnostic the 1st part blinks back-and-forth between lighting up the draft fan light and the on LED. Is this correct?

We had a blown fuse and was getting error 6, replaced fuse, now no errors but not getting a glowing ignition. What do I do?

Was it professionally installed or a DIY? What happened to blow a fuse?

Was it professionally installed or a DIY? What happened to blow a fuse?
It was installed by my cousin, he is not a professional stove guy but he does run a handy man business. The fuse was blown when we ran the initial diagnostic, before ever attempting to turn do the dry run.

You can reset the board and see if everything goes right for your dry run. Aux Up and Down Arrow at same time for about 3-5 secs. The board will read "BYE" and turn off. That's how you know it resets. Then continue with your manual instructions

Make notes of what you did and the display results. Flashing lights. Any error codes so you can tell tech support

I plan to, I think it is probably going to be an ignition. I am not getting an error code but it just doesn't glow at all.

What ever blew the fuse may have damaged the control board. Check for loose wires or wires pinched. You should never blow a fuse just running initial test

Last edited:
I did that, but nothing. I am going to call the company Monday but until then I don' know what to do.
Its your igniter, had the same thing happen to me on a one month old stove, used two weeks??????????

just pulled mine out this morning using the side panel with the control panel on it, not to hard but will have to remove what I think is the room blower, will be obvious when panel is removed

use a multi meter to check the igniter, if no continuity thru igniter it is bad

good luck getting a hold of a tech at ussc, just sent them an email