Breckwell Big E blowing cool air & interior chamber

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JerryOrtel

Nov 24, 2021
WV
How can I be sure that the interior chamber is cleaned out? I vacuumed it going in both holes and using a flexible brush in try to get everything lose. But there is no way to actually see inside. The problem I am having is where the warm air blows out the front vent. The air coming out the right side of the vent is warm but air coming out the left side is cool. I have been told to make sure the interior chamber is clean and I think I did that. What else could cause this problem? Can anyone tell me or have a diagram that shows what the interior chamber looks like inside and tells how the ash gets in there? The manual does not have any detailed description, instructions or drawing. It just says to make sure its clean along with everything else. Ideas? Thanks.

On other models of Breckwells, is standard procedure to pound on stove,especially that back wall, with a mallet or block of wood, and sometimes even fish around in them with a stiff wire. you also could buy a flexible bore scope from Harbor Freight, they are very cheep nowadays.

you will get a variation in heat like that as your intake blower is on the left and the exhaust is on the right so its creating a draft towards the right pushing all the heat that way.... I use a big long bottle brush to push/pull all the fines out of the back panel to where i can vacuum them. I recently got one of those attachments for the vacuum with the computer cleaning tools. Went out and got a PC of clear fuel hose and attached it to the end and now i can get in every little nook and vacuum it out works great... You really do not want to be hitting the stove with a mallet since the welds and metal see constant heat changes and this can make it brittle, while t would never fail during normal use u hit it to hard with a mallet and that could be the think it needs to crack... You can find some great cleaning tools in the kitchen supply's at your local store