Breckwell Big E Convection fan runs only on high after startup.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chas66

Oct 19, 2018
Rodman NY
I need some help. I have an 05 Breckwell Big E and the convection blower only runs on high after start up cycle . This happened after I replaced the convection blower with a new motor , I reinstalled the old one and still have the same thing also replaced proof of fire switch. Help please !!

Was the new motor a Breckwell part, or aftermarket? Same amp draw? Same horse power? Same RPM?

More then likely its the control board. Mine is a 2004,and has worked great for many years but the electronics do get weak over time due to heat. I put a new board in it for this winter and its working like new. I experimented with mine also with larger blowers and fans. Wont be doing anymore of that either lol

I ended up wiring in a ceiling fan controller to operate the convection blower separate seems to be working fine ,have ran it for two days this way.

Did you test both POF switches? You may have gotten a defective one.. Glad you got it running and hopefully your only using this as a temp solution. Should find the cause if it is the board it may totally fail in a day, week, month, or never fail..

Replaced both with new, pretty sure the board is bad until I get the extra funds to replace it going to run it like this. I only use it wgwh I am at home.

yes but did you test the limit switched? Very possibly you could have received a bad one.