Breckwell Big E pellet stove btu outputs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingmaint

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 19, 2007
Oil City PA
I have a Breckwell Big E pellet stove .It has a high BTU rating of 55000 Batu's .My question is what are the BTU ratings for the five thermostat settings?I ran mine on manual #3 and got my first floor 650 sqft up to 80 degrees in 20 degree weather. This was way way to hot for me and I put the stove back on high /low .I have 5 settings on this stove.

Not familiar with that particular model, but this will bump the thread up and maybe someone else knows.

With any pellet stove, you can check the BTU simply by figuring out how many pounds per hour are being used. The highest setting in a stove like that should be 9 lbs per hour and the lowest about 1.5 lbs per hour....

Minimum BTU output on the Big E is 8.200 and max is 55,000 so it kinda sounds like subtract one from the other, divide by three and you have found the steps.

#1 8,200

#2 19,900

#3 31,600

#4 43,200

#5 55,000

If you connect the stove to the optional thermostat in the HI low MODE (NOT ON OFF MODE)
and run the stove on 3 or higher the stove will stay cleaner and turn the stove to low when the home gets to the temp you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.