Breckwell Big E

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_D

Nov 24, 2013
Missouri
We've had this stove now for about 5 years. I'm hoping someone has some idea what's wrong with it. It constantly clogs. Meaning pellets get jammed up in the auger. It happens often enough that I won't dump 40lbs of pellets in at a time. Breckwell has sent me a new auger motor and a new auger itself. Can't complain about customer service, but I also can't believe I'm the only person in the free world with this problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion or solution? I have tried every kind of pellets there is here locally. Best pellets that worked, were Rocky Mountain Pine Pellets. Now I can't find them. They were expensive but didn't clog as often. As a matter of fact they're the only pellets that I bought a ton of. Everything else is simply trial and error. One or two bags at a time. As I began to type this, well you guessed it, had to go empty the hopper and once again unclog it.

Thanks

Maybe polishing the augur might help. A good pellet should snap in half easily also when you choose a pellet.

Status
Not open for further replies.