Breckwell electric motors (expected life)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony K

Jan 11, 2009
Northeast Ct
Wondering what the average life is for the different motors? I just replaced the exhaust motor now my convection motor is making nosie and I'm guessing the bearings are starting to go? I have the Big E in which I had it for about 5 years. Is this common every 5 years? I ran the stove sparringly (everyday but only 3 or 4 hours a day) the first few years but this year ran it 24/7. Have other users had to replace the motors this quick?

Thanks

Really it all depends, Kind of like car parts one never knows. My BigE's convection blower only lasted 1 year. Might also depend on use and maintenance.

just my 2
jay

Thanks Jay, I do maintain my stove as I am a firm believer in keeping things in tip top shape. Have you or anyone ever ordered parts from the Spa Place? they have the convection blower for 165 and free shipping where Breckwell is charging 198.00 plus shipping cost. I am having it rebuilt as well so I will always have a spare on hand. Or wondering if Eric has this part available?

Thanks

I'd price one from Eric at Kinsman stoves.

Give him a pm. Or email him at [email protected] tell him Jay sent you. (On second though better not he might charge you more.jk)

Might save you a little. I got a control board for my BigE and he was cheaper than any where I could find.

jay

heres my guess....a month or so after the warrantee runs out? How long is the warrantee on those motors anyhow?

warranty wasn't really an issue here as I have had the stove 5 years anyways, maybe 6. Too bad we couldn't just buy the motor from the motor manufacturer as I'm sure it would be at least 50% cheaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.