breckwell feeder issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I don't know Breckwells, but thought the on/off flashes until stove temp comes up,and it realizes it is lit.And if you try to adjust while blinking, it can lock up the board,untill next restart.But,there should be some Breckwell owners here,to help you.

I don't know Breckwells, but thought the on/off flashes until stove temp comes up,and it realizes it is lit.And if you try to adjust while blinking, it can lock up the board,untill next restart.But,there should be some Breckwell owners here,to help you.
Thank u. I just checked the manual. Yu are right. It states the on off flashes on start up.

Screenshot_20211113-145104_Firefox.jpg

Depends on how you tried to measure it,and what your meter was set to. Anything marked 5 volt is from the DC side of the control board, 5 volts,same as any computer, anything 120v is AC or same as your house voltage. Measuring DC using the stove body,or ground,probably will not give you a proper reading.

Depends on how you tried to measure it,and what your meter was set to. Anything marked 5 volt is from the DC side of the control board, 5 volts,same as any computer, anything 120v is AC or same as your house voltage. Measuring DC using the stove body,or ground,probably will not give you a proper reading.
The air switch read 5. Pof read 40-45. Right out of the circuit board read 22 each brown wire

Well that does not sound right,but I hate to condemn things that I cannot verify,in certain electrical systems tests.

Not quite "fixed " but its running. I say not fixed because honestly I have no idea what I did to get it running what I did do I will list below

1st I bought a new shop vac with larger capacity and I vacuumed the bajesus out of every single crevice I even vacuumed out the vacuum hose (ONLY once I pulled the vacuum hose off the sensor )) I vacuumed behind the plates. inside I vacuumed in the combustion blower exhaust. I vacuum the flooring. I cvaccumed every slit of the convention blower. I vacuumed the glass door fabric seal.
Second. I took the burn pot and a wire bit and scraped out it down to metal.
Third I literally ran my fingers over every wire connection lookikg for a break or burn... and reseated every male-female connection i could find.. if it wouldn't come apart,, I just juggled and squeezed it tight.

I plugged back in and. Um. Its working. Again. Idk which one was the issue. Maybe all three. And I know people always ask "well did you clean it" and I can say for sure. Its freaking clean now. But goodness I feel so happy.
Thank you all. This model is from 1998 and its still kicking 🤣

20211114_181854.jpg

Reactions: Washed-Up
just a FYI i noticed in your first pic it was on heat setting 5... For setting 4-5 you are not suppose to run the stove more than 20 min on those settings they are just for a quick room heat up. I have never used those settings in 5 years who ever had the stove before me must have used those settings and wrapped the fire box.

Every time i clean my stove i stick the vacuum over the vacuum port and suck it out... I figure it has to suck in a bit of ash over time.

just a FYI i noticed in your first pic it was on heat setting 5... For setting 4-5 you are not suppose to run the stove more than 20 min on those settings they are just for a quick room heat up. I have never used those settings in 5 years who ever had the stove before me must have used those settings and wrapped the fire box.

Every time i clean my stove i stick the vacuum over the vacuum port and suck it out... I figure it has to suck in a bit of ash over time.
That photo was taken within 15 mins of start up. I was timing each setting 1,2,3,4,5 etc. To make sure the feeder adjusted properly. It Was temporary!. Good eye!