breckwell model p2700fsa

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmartin4771

Mar 20, 2015
Richmond, MA
I bought this stove used. It ran great for a month. After doing a 2nd full cleaning the problem began. The unit will start up normally. But then Seems like it's getting too much air. As it goes the fire will die out and as pellets drop it will smoke up and refire burn like to much air again and repeat until it's just out. The damper is closed the whole time. If i open it it is wild and blows out..... idk whats wrong with it.

Welcome to the forum:) Too much air is not the usual problem! How is your exhaust set up? 3 or 4", # of 45 or 90 elbows, length of vertical and/or horizontal, vented in a chimney, or something different. Is there an Outside Air Kit (OAK) hooked up?

Welcome to the forum:) Too much air is not the usual problem! How is your exhaust set up? 3 or 4", # of 45 or 90 elbows, length of vertical and/or horizontal, vented in a chimney, or something different. Is there an Outside Air Kit (OAK) hooked up?
My exhaust has 2 90° elbows the straight through the thimble to a t with a clean out then 6' straight up with a cap. I have the outside air kit installed also. It was working great for a month. Then I brushed and vacuumed it all out and now it does this.

Here is my exhaust set up.

Attachments

• 20150321_085928.jpg
    20150321_085928.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 20150321_085958.jpg
    20150321_085958.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 97
Interesting thread, I had this model of stove and it did the same thing fire would die down and then blaze up mine didn't smoke but it was a constant worry if the fire would stay lit.
I didn't pull the auger out so perhaps that is the problem area, checked everything else I could think of maybe it is the nature of the beast.
wish I could help but we sold the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.