Breckwell P200i insert starting issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

windgate

Jan 8, 2014
Delmarva
A week ago the pellet stove was running but I started hearing a "squeaking sound" coming from the side with the convection fan. The convection fan stopped blowing, but the fire and pellets continued. I let it run for a little bit without a convection fan before shutting it down.
I replaced the convection fan, but since then it has not been starting. The stove turns on and goes into the start-up process, but the auger is not turning. There is no sound from the auger motor indicating that it is trying to turn. Doesn't appear that the igniter is starting either. The auger motor and igniter are new (last season).
Signs at this point were pointing to the control board. I replaced the fuses - no change. Even ordered a new control board and installed - no change, doing the same thing.

I going to pull the stove and start doing a full diagnostic, but does any of this sound familiar? Anything else I can look at specifically?

Thanks

One update. I was able to access the air switch (vacuum switch) without fully pulling out the insert. I bypassed (jumper-ed) the air switch - no change. I pulled the jumper and it started for a minute, but then shut down and threw an error code ( I assume for the air switch).
This tells me that the air switch is not the issue.

Put direct power to the auger, it turns no problem. Put direct power to the igniter, comes on red hot.
With a new control board I'm running out of places to look next :-(

Does the combustion fan come on when you start it?
Check the Hi-Temp snap switch may be overheated when circulation fan quit
press the red button

Thanks for the feedback, fuses are ok, using a new control board
I bypassed the high limit switch, vacuum switch and switch on the combustion fan - no change.
control board comes on and combustion fan starts, but won't turn the auger or start the igniter.
Frustrating.

Check for voltage at the auger. If none,follow wiring harness through the items,to the control board, and see if power for it is coming out of control board.
If has power, motor bad or auger jammed.
Look for burned/damaged wire connectors.
Make sure control board switch is in "manual".
You shold not have the proof of fire switch jumped when trying ti light stove.

Thanks, I put direct power to the auger and igniter. both worked no problem with direct power.
I'm starting to think that this is the proof of fire switch. Is there any way to test/bypass that switch?

The proof of fire switch,commonly also called a low limit switch, remains open until it warms up. It will not keep the stove from initially lighting, Unless perhaps you have it bypassed when trying to start stove. The high limit switch shuts off the auger if it "pops",it is resetable, but it also could be bad.